To place an order, contact our catering office between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 434-924-7234 or 434-924-8812. When placing your orders, please place a separate order for each delivery or event. Thank you.
When it's time to create a truly exceptional event, the Premier Menu is designed to inspire your imagination. These suggestions are designed to begin the conversation, and we look forward to further exploring your event design needs.
The Everyday Menu encompasses a full rage of exceptional full-service options that emphasize variety and excellence and value. These selections guarantee a true "catered" experience where our staff actively ensures true service excellence.
Drop Off Menu
The Drop Off Menu provides a focused set of high-quality catering selections that are perfect for your more casual/drop off needs. Although these items arrive with the same dedicated service and culinary excellence you have come to expect, they provide enhanced value in that you can simply enjoy your event and dispose of all products once your guests have finished - no clean up needed!
The Student Menu is all about providing great options and real value to student groups who may not otherwise have access to high-quality catering. These selections are designed for easy pick up at our office and ensure that our students can plan a great party on any budget!
POLICIES & BOOKING INFORMATION
Virginia Catering Company is proud to provide the highest quality service to the University of Virginia community. We have developed the following procedures that enable us to respond to your catering needs.
- Prior to booking with Virginia Catering Company, please have your location confirmed by contacting the building coordinator at the desired location to reserve your date and time.
- Clients are responsible for making sure that Virginia Catering Company will have access to the location of the event for set up.
- We would appreciate three weeks advanced notice for booking your event; however, we will make every effort to accommodate your group on less notice whenever possible. If you are planning your event within two weeks, please call us to ensure the availability of menu items.
- The Catering Sales Office must receive a signed copy of your catering agreement three full business days prior to your event date in order to guarantee and prevent cancellation of your function.
- In order to adequately prepare for your event, we ask that you provide us with a guaranteed number of guests three full business days prior to the event date. Billings are based on the guaranteed guest count plus any additions or the guaranteed count if your number of guests decreases.
- For set up of staffed events we will need access to the location three hours prior to the start time. Deliveries will arrive any time within one hour prior to the start time.
- To ensure expedient service, we ask that one entrée be selected for plated meals. We will be glad to provide vegetarian meals or accommodate special dietary needs for your guests. Please be as specific as possible regarding any dietary needs.
- Hors d’oeuvres may be ordered in any quantity unless an item is designated “per.” Any item listed with a “per” quantity needs to be ordered in those increments.
- For health and liability reasons, the removal of any unused food or beverage from an event by the client and/or guests is prohibited.
- Outside food or non-alcoholic beverages are not permitted at a staffed Virginia Catering Company event with the exception of wedding cakes.
- All University of Virginia departments and organizations will need to supply the appropriate PTAO number prior to the event date.
- At the time of ordering, please provide us with the purpose of the event, as well as, who will be in attendance.
- Payment of the balance must be paid in full by three business days prior to the event date. Items charged on a consumption basis will be added to the contract the following day. We accept VISA, MasterCard, American Express. Please make checks payable to Aramark. To ensure payment of those paying with a credit card or check a deposit of 50% of the estimated total will be taken two weeks prior to the event.
- State tax exempt organizations need to submit a copy of their tax exempt certificate prior to the event. University organizations and departments using a PTAO number will be tax exempt from state and local sales and meal taxes. State sales and local meal taxes may apply to all non-exempt events.
- A $20.00 delivery charge is applied to all deliveries except those in Newcomb Hall between 7:30am – 4:30pm, Monday–Friday. Deliveries to special locations will be quoted.
- For set up of deliveries, we require access one hour prior to the start time and will deliver anytime within that hour.
- Delivery fee includes a table for food and beverage, linen for the food and beverage table, set up/clean up of food and beverage, and heavy duty paper/plastic ware.
- Buffets can be a delivery if the guest count is 25 or less, any buffet with over 25 guests will become a staffed event.
- Deliveries may be subject to additional fees based on your location/building policies that require catering to set up additional equipment or clean up after your event.
- Unfortunately, delivery service will not include any rentals, such as special linen or other tables.
Costs & Fees
- For accurate scheduling, Virginia Catering Company allows two hours as normal service time for meals or receptions. Occasions which extend beyond the allotted time will be charged an overtime fee of $30.00 per employee, per hour. When having both a reception and dinner, the service time is extended to three hours.
- In the event that you need to cancel a function, please notify us as soon as possible. Cancellations or changes made within three business days of the event date may become liable to a cancellation fee or other costs incurred by Virginia Catering Company.
- To provide the best possible service, a 15% administrative fee will be added to all prices on events that have service staff.
- When the set-up of chairs is needed, there is a set-up fee of $2.50 per person, except for functions held in Newcomb Hall. Rooms with special set ups may be subject to additional charges, which will be quoted at the time of booking.
- The minimum charge for plated meals is $200.00. The minimum charge for buffet meals, delivered or staffed, is $300.00. For receptions, the minimum charge is $125.00.
- We will gladly have passed hors d’oeuvres service available for an additional charge of $20.00 per server, per hour, with one hour minimum.
- For a more formal event, you may choose to use china and glassware at an additional charge of $2.00 per person. For all other services, we will be happy to provide china, glassware, and silverware to add elegance to your event. The china fee for a staffed event (breakfast, lunch, dinner plated or buffet, and reception) is $5.00 per person. If you have a buffet event with 100 or less confirmed guests, we will waive the china fee. Please note that these fees are based on events for 200 guests or fewer. Additional charges may apply for larger groups; as well as major events like graduation, alumni reunion weekends, etc. complimentary linens are provided for all staffed, seated meals. You may also request bud vases with flowers for the minimal fee of $5.00 per vase.
- For a staffed event that requires rental items, such as chairs and tables for a dinner, Virginia Catering Company can assist with this service and include the rental fees and the cost of the items that will be added.